- To preserve the rich heritage of Indian classical music .
- To give a permanent, standardized, fundamental, complete raga roop to the traditional and modern ragas in face of the changing times.
- To hunt for talent in remote areas and encourage and showcase this talent.
- To give recognition and incentives to the Gurus who have nurtured such talent.
We have been organizing classical vocal competitions since 2011, graduating to all India level since 2013. We introduced Tabla as a topic for competition since 2015.
- Target is to reach out to maximum number of participants in the cities and seek out contestants from small towns and cities to showcase their talent.
- Reach out to participants through coordinators, news items, contacts in schools, colleges, music institutions, music-gurus
- Audition round- target participants would be 45-65 in each centre.
- Age & Registration of Participants: Junior : 9+ to 13+ years . Middle : 14+ to 18+years. Senior : 19+ to 23+ years Introduction of a Special Group : Yuva Kalakaar : 24+ to 28+ years
- Topics covered in the competition: A. Khyal/dhrupad B. Tabla Publicity: We are planning to publicize the event in multiple ways:
- Through local Coordinators in each of the cities mentioned above.
- Through classical music groups in these cities and contact through social networking sites like Facebook.
- With help of print and electronic media who have been supportive over the last couple of years; Request leading newspapers for support in various cities.
- Interested marketing agencies / event managers.
- Incentive to Participants :As a part of the programme for rekindling interest of students in classical music, the organization wishes to provide incentive to the participants in the form of :
- Providing incentives to the students in the form of attractive cash prizes to be shared between Gurus and their talented Shishyas.
- In case the contestant desires so, to provide liason with an eminent music institution.
- Providing platform to them for public performances,
- Expectations and Outcome:
- This pan-India event will in due course create a country-wide movement for re-igniting interest in Indian classical music.
- The movement will help to preserve and nurture our cultural heritage with a great respect towards originality and excellence.
- By promoting young talent we would be representing the future of our country young India with the target age group of 10-24 years.
- Coverage by electronic and print media will provide the publicity to the event.
- Website: www.sangeetmilon.org
Classical Voice of India 2016
Tentative Audition Schedule for the Coming Months
||The Doon School
||KL Saigal Hall
||Magadh Mahila College
||Karmashree Hiteshwar Saikia Auditorium
||Sunirmal Tuktuk Bhattacharya
||Sachin Deb Memorial Govt Music College
Sudipta S Mishra
||Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad
||Burdwan Town Hall
||SM Joshi Auditorium
||Shree Vallabh Shikshan Sangeet Sansthan
||Pracheen Kala Kendra
||Bhanja Kala Mandap
||SSG Pareek PG Girls College
Sri Haresh Nayak
||Apeejay College of Fine Arts
||Dr Arun Mishra
||Valmiki Ranshala, UPSNA, Gomtinagar
|Sunbeam School, Bhagwanpur
||Date To be fixed
||Date To be fixed
**— Vocal & Tabla Audition / Competition
GRAND FINALS—— 16-17-18 DECEMBER 2016
For auditions after mid August, dates are tentative and may change. For queries please mail at email@example.com